Sunday, June 5

Love South Africa

Hello greetings from South Africa!

We have had a great last few days in South Africa! Yesterday we were able to explore and learn about the history in South Africa. We went to a museum, saw Nelson Mandela's house, also went to the soccer stadium where the World Cup was played last summer. Everyone on the team really enjoyed and learned so much. We have two contacts Mark and Adriann they are incredible and have been such a joy to partner with. We have spent a lot of time at Adriann's house. We have fallen in love with his two kids! They host us every night and cook us a feast for dinner! So we are getting fed very well here :)

We leave tomorrow morning bright and early for Kwamhlanga which is a children's community center. We will be spending a lot of time with the kids there and doing outreaches in the community. We are so excited to see what God has in store for us and the people we will meet. We will be there for about a week. I am not sure about our internet connection at Kwamhlanga so if you don't hear from me while we are there you will receive an email when we return. Thank you for your continue you prayers! Please continue to pray for our team as we travel to a new location. Pray for boldness for each individual, for unity amongst our team, and of coarse safety and health as we travel. Looking forward to my next email until then I have asked each person on our team to write a little something to the ones they love back home so I will leave you to read them. We love you friends and family!!! Thanks for your support as we follow after God's calling on our lives. 

From Glenny: Mom, Dad, and Sunnie- I hope everything is going well in Tulsa and that you guys aren't to worried about me. The trip has been so much fun so far! I can't wait to tell you all about it when I come back. I love you and I will be taking many pictures to show you!

From Elizabeth: Mom, Dad, and Evan- I love you and miss you. Everything is great in Africa! I hope you all are doing well. We are eating lots of yummy food! Tell Evan that I am praying for his surgery and a fast recovery. Love you!

From Bree: Yo fam! Everything is great in Africa. I miss you guys! Dad let me know if Brad is ok. Bear I can't wait to watch movies and play. Be brainstorming and ask dad if you can buy movies or whale wars. Boys cheer the Sooners on and take notes on how everyone does. Josie I love you and Peter! Mom I miss you and see you soon eating squirrel. Love you long time!

Josh: Hey mommy- I love you and miss you! Give Alex a kiss for me. Email Jessica back and tell me what you want from South Africa. Guess what they also make chicken curry and it's almost as good as yours.

Josiah: Hey mom & dad- everything is great in Africa! Can't wait to tell you all my stories. Oh we lost our passports....just kidding! Love you guys a bunch and see you in a couple of weeks.

Grant: Hey fam I love you and miss you! I hope Nigel likes the waterpark. The weather here is way better than I thought- it's beautiful! Say hello to Nigel and Ezra! See you in London on the way home?

Whitney: What up my rents? Love you! Do you miss me yet?

Kate: I haven't seen a lion yet but I am working on it. Love you and I miss you boyfriend!

Zac: (this was written in afrikaans good luck translating) Lieve familie, alles goan goed en ek het baie pret. Bid asseldief vir ons uitreik hierdie week in Kwamhlanga. Ek is baie vir julle almal. Ek is lief vir jou Sara! Love, Zac

Khalil: Je t'aimes et je te monques. Le voyage est incroyable. Demain ons vas partir a Kwamhlanga pour cinque jours. Je suis tres content et I'Afrique du sud es une place avec beaucoup de culture. J'apprend beaucoup ons a visite' Soweto et entre' dans une meseume dules protestes de 1976. C'etais genial, j'aimais beaucoup. Il me reste 2 semaines au i'afrique de sud. Je te voite a l'aeroport! Au revoir! Il me reste

Ethan: Mom and dad check your email.

1 comment:

  1. Khalil: Merci pour ton beau message en français! Moi et ton père, nous l'avons beaucoup apprécié. Nous pensons bien à toi et tu nous manques aussi. Je sais que tu es en train de vivre des expériences inoubliables. Je prie pour toi tous les jours et nous sommes bien fiers de toi. Ton père est retourné au Maroc aujourd'hui. Je t'embrasse très fort!

    Ta maman qui t'aime beaucoup

    ReplyDelete